Mr. Sweat is a 1970 graduate of Avella High School and has lived in Washington County all of his life. He attended Syracuse University and pursued a double major in Economics and History. Mr. Sweat was a standout football player at Syracuse and was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. After his NFL career, Mr. Sweat attended the Syracuse University College of Law, where he graduated in 1977 with honors and earned his Juris Doctorate. Mr. Sweat maintains offices at 23 East Beau Street, Washington, Pennsylvania and is the owner of the Sweat Law Building which is across the street from the Washington County Courthouse. He is a member of the American Bar Association; Pennsylvania Bar Association; the Washington County Bar Association and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; the Federal Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania; the Bankruptcy Court for the Federal District of the Western District of Pennsylvania; and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- All Phases of Oil and Gas Development – advising municipalities, landowners, developers and investors.
- Business Law (Formation of Business Entities)
- Commercial Banking Transactions
- Economic Development Projects
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Labor & Employment Law
- Merger and Acquisition
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Planning and Business Succession
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
Syracuse University Bachelor of Arts Law School: Syracuse University – J.D.
Syracuse University – Economics and History
Syracuse University School of Law – 1977